So I’ve been trying to better myself, and become more healthy. I think there is a huge misconception about what it takes to be healthy, however. Just because I’m being healthy, doesn’t mean I’m eating rabbit food for every meal. Last night I thought I would add in some vegetables we don’t normally eat and prepare a stuffed pepper casserole, which was delicious! I understand this isn’t under 200 calories either, but it’s better than grabbing some fast food, or over eating because the salad didn’t fill me up.
Anyway, we like our food with a bit of sass, like me — so eat at your own risk!
Here is the recipe if anyone is interested!
1 lb. 96% Lean Beef (We used Laura’s Lean Beef)
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
5 Baby onions (or 1 small onion)
1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (we used Prego Spicy Pepper)
1 pkg Spanish Rice (We Used Knorr)
1.5 cups of Fat Free Taco Nacho Shredded Cheese
1 tsp. Celery Flakes
1 pkg Taco Seasoning (We used Hot & Spicy)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice peppers, jalapeno, and onions.
3. Brown beef with peppers, onions, jalapeno, garlic, and celery flakes.
4. In separate pan, prepare the rice.
5. Drain beef mixture, if necessary.
6. Then, combine beef mixture, rice, (taco seasoning), and spaghetti sauce. Heat through.
7. Spray 2.5qt casserole dish, and spread everything out.
8. Top with cheese.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, and wala!
It was quick, easy, and delicious! Enjoy!